Earlier this week I posted a fettuccine alfredo recipe that was not my husbands favorite. I made it because it was easier than the recipe I already had but I guess I will stick to this one until I find something better. So here it is:
- 3/4c veggie or chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 oz. whole-wheat fettuccine
- 2 tsp. cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
- ground pepper
- 3/4 c. Parmesan cheese, divided
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 small zucchini cut into match sticks
- In a small pan, add garlic and broth to boil. Cover and reduce to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- In a large pan, add water to boil. Add fettuccine noodles. After about 8 minutes, add zucchini if you are adding it.
- Take the garlic mixture to a blender. Return it to the pan as med-high heat. Add in cornstarch mixture and whisk until thickened. Remove from heat and add in sour cream, pepper and nutmeg(if adding). Return to low heat.
- Drain pasta. Mix pasta and sauce together with 1/2c. of the parmesan cheese. Coat well. Sprinkle to serve with the remaining parmesan and parsley (if adding).