This week I was in a hurry to make a grocery list and none of the recipes I found really inspired me so I just made something off the top of my head. We do have griddle we can make things like pancakes, quesadillas, etc. but I was too lazy to get it out so I just used a pot.
What you need: Chicken, Bell Pepper of your choice (we did red), 1 onion, shredded cheese of your choice (we did cheddar and Monterrey jack because we already owned them), tortillas (we did flour), olive oil, salt, pepper, spices of your choice and any extra toppings like sour cream.
What you do:
- Slice chicken into thin slices and cook in a skillet with olive oil.
- Chop up veggies and add to the chicken once almost cooked.
- Once everything is cooked, take off heat and put to the side or on a plate. Use the same skillet or a new one (make sure to add some oil) and put a tortilla on it. Add your shredded cheese and add some of chicken/veggie mixture.
- Put the other tortilla on top and smoosh down.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side. They should be sorta crispy.
Ease: 4.5/5. Pretty easy.
Husbands rating: 3.5/5. I used chili powder while cooking the chicken but we wanted more spices.
What is great about quesadillas if that you can make them your own by switching the meat or just making cheese. Trying different cheese/spices and just experimenting. Plus, it is not really an ingredient filled recipe. For my son, I just use shredded cheese and tortilla. Easy.