This week for my husbands lunch, I went with an old recipe of mine. I use to make it a lot but lately I have not.
Topless Chicken Pot Pie
- Chicken- cooked and chopped.
- One Pie crust- we do frozen and deep dish
- Bag of mixed veggies thawed out
- 1/4 c of flour
- 1 onion
- 1/4 c butter
- pepper for taste
- About 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make sure chicken is cooked and chopped into square pieces.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- Add onions and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add flour and stir constantly for 1 min.
- Slowly add stock. Bring it to a boil and reduce to simmer until the mixture thickens.
- Add veggies, chicken, pepper and thyme. Stir.
- Prick bottom of pie crust and place on a baking sheet. Pour mixture into pie pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Here is what it looks like when finished. Sort of. My husband has mushed it all together.